View Single Post
Old 09-17-2015, 05:21 PM   #2034 (permalink)
e*clipse
Permanent Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPaulHolmes View Post
I've got the 700v worth of 12v SLA batteries for the test. Well, I should probably keep the test to maybe 350v or 400v with 600v igbts. After a few more days I'm going to see if I can hook that thing up and first get the PI loop tuned in a locked rotor condition. I'm sure I'll need help knowing what wire to hook where for the resolver board and the motor. My understanding is, the control is identical to a PMSM except that you change the Id and Iq as rpm goes up. It's not as simple as Id = 0, Iq = throttle. But If I remember, it's just a formula. No big deal! haha. What sort of oil goes into it?

SENSORLESS DONE! Now for debugging... (in other words, sensorless 1% done. LOL)
Oh! Geez! this is awesome!

I'll set things up with a motor so I can (hopefully) keep up with you.
Did I give you the circuit drawings & info w/ that adapter board? I'll try to sort that out. One big thing - it's output is analog - so the interface program w/ the QEI pins will need to change.
Regarding Id and Iq, you can think of it as two curves - Id and Iq varied to get the best current angle. ( I think it's related to rotor speed ). The PM torque decreases along an arc from 0* to 90* electrical. The reluctance torque follows a sine-like curve, peaking at about 45* electrical. The total motor torque is a sum of the two curves. Frankly I'd be turning cartwheels at this point if I could get the motor to simply "go around" using the Id in sensorless mode.

A question that I can handle - LOL - The motor uses ATF.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to e*clipse For This Useful Post:
MPaulHolmes (09-17-2015), thingstodo (09-17-2015)