View Single Post
Old 09-17-2015, 07:38 PM   #2036 (permalink)
e*clipse
Permanent Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPaulHolmes View Post
We should tell it to stop using ATF before it gets cancer, ruins its liver, and shoots somebody. haha

EDIT: I should have said sensorless induction done. But I read a couple papers about sensorless permanent magnet, and it wasn't worse. It was the same principles, just with a couple different things. Sensorless hybrid switched reluctance/pmsm is probably just a tweak of permanent maget.

EDIT2: I think you did give me that stuff, but the room is taken over by our house guests (1 mom and 5 daughters) haha. I'll have to use a snow shovel to get to the motor.
To me, controlling any form of synchronous motor (BLDC, SR, etc )would be easier than induction because you don't have to deal with slip. However, getting an induction motor to run seems pretty easy - just plug it in LOL! Controlling and induction motor, OTOH is still voodoo!

I've been shoveling out my workspace of mountains of old notes, etc. Some are actually important - like how FOC works. That is a pile by itself. While I'm digging I'll attempt to find the resolver driver stuff. I'm going to need it soon myself anyways....

I did finally find a plug so I can connect the ICD2 to the 5 inline pins on the driver board. It needs an adapter, because the old ICD2's used an ethernet type plug.