View Single Post
Old 09-22-2015, 05:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
Patistaja
EcoModding Lurker

Vapourising fuel

Hi everyone,

I´m starting to experiment with gasoline vapourizing with small engines (first).
I´ve done alot of research about it and know that modern gasoline is difficult to vapourize completely because of the additives they put into it.
I am thinking about a setup which has a fuel bubbler, water bubbler, couple of valves and some tubing.
The old carburetor and fuel tank will stay on and a switch between old and new system will be done simply by cutting of the fuel supply to the carburetor after warmup.
The idea is to use exhaust heat to crack the fuel and water vapours together with a catalyst (simple iron metal). The catalyst must be replaceable because the fuel additives will coat it and prevent the cracking process in time. I believe that the famous GEET system with the metal rod in heated inlet tubing was perhaps working with metal rod as a catalyst, not by magnetism or plasma stuff.

I am wondering which parts should I heat, the incoming air into fuel bubbler, incoming air to water bubbler, bubblers outlets or maybe the bubblers themselves, or all of them? Could I use part of the exhaust gases straight into a bubbler? There will be an adjustable cold air intake just before cylinder inlet so that it wont cool any other part.

Any ideas are welcome

BTW this experiment will be done with safety in mind, flame arrestors etc.