View Single Post
Old 07-30-2008, 10:23 PM   #163 (permalink)
Johnny Mullet
Hi-Tech Redneck

Send a message via AIM to Johnny Mullet Send a message via MSN to Johnny Mullet
I will have to note that the headlight swap to the "Bucket Style" did show a 1.5 MPG decrease according to my log. This is no big deal since the future grill block will compensate or even improve it more.

The best part is that these lights are way brighter than any "composite" headlights I had on any vehicle. The last car I owned with sealed beams was in the early 1990's. The sealed beams that RacerX sent me were fine, but I decided to go ahead and replace both with some brand new Wagner Halogen Long Life lamps and wow! What a difference! I could crash a Boeing 747 if I was going up a hill with the high beams on

New headlamps = $7.95 each
Labor time = 20 minutes

Total cost = $16.00

Maybe if I get the time, I could start at page #1 and start adding all the cost of parts I have in this car including the purchase price of $75.00 for the car. I updated all the posts with labor time and price of parts. Then add the labor time and see what it would have cost me for a shop to do the repairs at $70.00 per hour and see how much I am really saving by doing all the work myself. I am a little tired right now to do all this adding. Maybe later.

GeoMetroforum.com - got mpg?

Last edited by Johnny Mullet; 07-30-2008 at 10:29 PM..