View Single Post
Old 09-22-2015, 01:02 PM   #20 (permalink)
Baltothewolf
Furry Furfag

Winsight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Miaderp - '95 Mazda Miata
90 day: 28.53 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daox View Post
Can you get me some pictures of that Balto? I'd like to see where it failed and try to improve the design.

I do find it odd that yours warped. Has anyone else had this problem?

I have a 3d printed part attached to the engine on my Metro and its surviving after months. The ABS starts to soften around 175F, that is really hot! Time for a window reflector/shade I think. Think of your poor IMA pack.
After a 110F day it slipped right off the shifter. I believe it warped enough to make the thread fail. It's not noticeable enough in pictures, but the inside were the thread is, is slightly warped. Also I got tint halfway through the summer and I use a front window shade. If I would have gotten tint sooner I don't think it would have been a problem. I think ill just buy another and reinforce the thread with an insert. Although my regen button gets stuck so much I can't risk using it either, forgot about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmeat View Post
I haven't had any trouble with the original beta-test version on Turtle (n.k.a. Dr. Horrible) or with the one I now have on Ron Burgundy, and there's no way it's any hotter in Cali than it is in central Florida.

Then again, I use an SUV sun shade to cover the rear windshield over the IMA compartment, a regular size sun shade on the front windshield, I throw a towel over the leather seats (since I have a sun roof), and I crack the windows about 2 inches (courtesy of the rain guards). It's actually not too hot when I get in the car in the afternoons.
It gets 110F in central Florida? Wow I didn't know!