View Single Post
Old 09-24-2015, 07:08 PM   #2070 (permalink)
thingstodo
Master EcoModder

Ford Prefect - '18 Ford F150 XLT XTR

Tess - '22 Tesla Y LR
Update for Sep 23

The rpm indication does not seem to depend on how many poles the motor is set for ... but I need to check this again. It seems strange. Perhaps I can get that done tonight.

I ran the siemens motor with the keyboard (2 to speed, up, 1 to slow down) wih 4 pairs of poles and the control was a bit sluggish. I tried 3 pairs of poles and the control was better. The control was best with 2 pairs of poles. One 2-pair trial worked up to 3000-3200 rpm. The next 2-pair trial worked OK to 4000 rpm.

I put the encoder signal on my scope and the scope leads picked up so much noise I could not trigger properly on the encoder pulses. If this were the signal that the controller saw I would not expect the controller to recognize this signal as an encoder. So I was not able to make the encoder signal worse by running across the motor, then better by using foil. I could not get the signal good enough to recognize it on the scope ... so much for that experiment!

And I ran into the 12V battery problem again. The controller stopped run-rotor-test prematurely ... 3 times ... before I recognized the symptoms as a low 12V battery and put the charger on. I guess some of us need to learn the SAME THINGS OVER AND OVER AND OVER!!

Logs attached as a zip - but I'm not sure how useful they will be. I tried to press a<enter> every 5 seconds to get a feeling for what was going on. Paul - Is it possible that the offsets may not work well for pole-pairs over 2? Just a thought, if the extra data over-writes within your larger array.
Attached Files
File Type: zip foc test 31-35.zip (94.2 KB, 20 views)