View Single Post
Old 10-01-2015, 06:13 PM   #19 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.49 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jray3 View Post
If you have dependents, driving a motorcycle in traffic is much more foolish than driving a muscle car.
For whom? How much potential collateral damage would a motorcycle have, compared to a muscle car?

When I bought my first car, I started researching new cars, but only ones that I might theoretically own, like a 2000 Civic.

I met a great many girls who drove Cavaliers or occasionally Sunfires. It was interesting to hear them explain how the Sunfire was better than the Cavalier and their reasons for purchasing either.

More than anything, I heard that it was cute, but at least one person told me that it had the highest horsepower in its class.

Actually, I believe that the Corolla had more. What I did know was that the Cavalier had the slowest 0-60 in its class, which I mentioned when they brought up horsepower.

I had a coworker that started modifying his Cavalier. He had the full exhaust system replaced, going from one small pipe on the exhaust to four large pipes branching off of one pipe.

It sounded powerful, but I commented that the sound came from the exhaust, not the engine.

Isn't it supposed to be the other way around?