View Single Post
Old 10-04-2015, 11:42 PM   #2129 (permalink)
thingstodo
Master EcoModder

Ford Prefect - '18 Ford F150 XLT XTR

Tess - '22 Tesla Y LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPaulHolmes View Post
I had to abandon a particular approach for the sensorless, and now have a new way that is more direct, and eliminates the need for information about the rotor inductance and mutual inductance. The other way would work as long as the rotor flux angle was being set with the sensored code, but wouldn't work for very long when it would switch over to sensorless. I hope this approach works. It is much simpler, and I think it will work, and will be easy to tweak if necessary. I probably wont be able to test it today since my son has a fever and I'm getting him a regular supply of pedialytes. Once it's working I'll send over a hex file. One neat thing about it is the super fast __arctan() that I made. TI said this approach was not good since the arctan takes so long to compute. haha
Sorry to hear about your son ..

So you can figure out what voltage and what angle to use ... WITHOUT knowing rotor inductance or mutual inductance ...

And the method uses arctan ...

OK - where can I read about THIS method?

As for the new HEX file, I won't be set up for testing until I get the AC and DC motors mounted on a solid base. I got NOTHING done this weekend.