View Single Post
Old 10-05-2015, 12:52 AM   #354 (permalink)
pgfpro
In Lean Burn Mode

MisFit Talon - '91 Eagle Talon TSi
Team Turbocharged!
90 day: 39.03 mpg (US)

Warlock - '71 Chevy Camaro

Fe Eclipse - '97 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRMichler View Post
Welcome to the club. Some suggestions:

You will at some time in your life give a talk that is a complete disaster. You will survive it. I did.

Start off with something that grabs their attention. Example: Hi, I am going to tell you how I get XXX MPG and XX seconds in the 1/4 mile in the same car. This car is EPA rated at XX MPG, and I not only (doubled) the mileage, but increased the power from XXX HP to XXX HP.

The first slide would be something like:

Photo of car
Before: XX HP and EPA XX MPG
Now: XXX HP and XXX MPG in real world driving.

Slide two: What I did to my car to get this performance and MPG.
List the mods.

Next slides: Go over each mod, one per slide. What did you, how well did it work. Don't be afraid to list a few that did not work.

Next slide: Waste solvent. Waste solvent is free, but here's what has to be done to burn it. Engine mods, solvent processing, effect on power and mileage.

Use PowerPoint if possible. Figure on about one minute per slide, so ten slides for a ten minute presentation. The slides are your outline.

Another slide:
Title: The Economics of Ecomodding
Building this car: $8000 over two years
Drinking in bars: $1,000 per month = $24,000 over two years.
And I have a car to show for it.

When you get to the end, stop talking, wait a slow count of three (one one thousand, two one thousand, three one thousand), then "any questions?". That slow count of three will seem like forever. It is not forever, it is about the right amount of time.

Feel free to PM me to set up a time to discuss. Or we can discuss online for the benefit of others.
Thank You this is exactly what I was after. I will probably post my Power Point presentation on here for you guys to review and help make changes as needed.