View Single Post
Old 10-05-2015, 11:55 PM   #2135 (permalink)
thingstodo
Master EcoModder

Ford Prefect - '18 Ford F150 XLT XTR

Tess - '22 Tesla Y LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by e*clipse View Post
What do think about having a stripped-down "base" code that works with the current hardware. This idea came as I thought about stripping "sensorless.c" down to a "senseless.c" This is to assist my little noggin' in seeing the big picture.
The FOC control takes care of the voltage output given the requested torque. The signal into a V/Hz controller is, in my experience, a speed reference. The voltage is controlled by an output curve - linear with a starting boost, a curve that approximates a squared curve, a curve that approximates a cubic curve.

Quote:
This might facilitate programming different options, like sensorless code, encoder input, resolver input, FOC for asynchronous motors, FOC for synchronous motors, etc etc...
There are advantages to having 'all' the code the same .. debugging, spare parts ... and there are advantages to 'only loading what you need' ... mostly to do with money and production costs, a simpler setup perhaps ...

The memory and MIPS are cheap. Without further information, I'd stick with 'one program does all'.