View Single Post
Old 10-06-2015, 02:17 PM   #2136 (permalink)
e*clipse
Permanent Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by thingstodo View Post
The FOC control takes care of the voltage output given the requested torque. The signal into a V/Hz controller is, in my experience, a speed reference. The voltage is controlled by an output curve - linear with a starting boost, a curve that approximates a squared curve, a curve that approximates a cubic curve.

There are advantages to having 'all' the code the same .. debugging, spare parts ... and there are advantages to 'only loading what you need' ... mostly to do with money and production costs, a simpler setup perhaps ...

The memory and MIPS are cheap. Without further information, I'd stick with 'one program does all'.
I talking about a method of doing collaborative programming. Really, the details of the code don't matter from that perspective. Once the code is compiled, it is "all one code." The background of how that code came together is not available or important to the end user. The end user only loads one piece of ready to run software.

As an example, the previous version of "sensorless.c" had 48 pages of code. I printed out pages 16-37 to get an understanding of how this specific core control works. I have a pretty good understanding of how FOC works in general, and V/Hz as well. In that code, there were 11 pages specifically for dealing with asynchronous motor issues. A lot of that was comments (thanks Paul! ) , so it will be much more compact as compiled code.

Right now, Paul is working hard on getting sensorless algorithm working for an induction motor. That's great, but my interests are quite different - I have an excellent analog sensor on an synchronous motor. So, I was hoping I could contribute by doing a bit more than cheering from the sidelines. I mean, maybe Paul needs some "blinky light" code!

- E*clipse
The Following User Says Thank You to e*clipse For This Useful Post:
thingstodo (10-06-2015)