View Single Post
Old 10-06-2015, 09:34 PM   #63 (permalink)
Isaac Zackary
Full sized hybrid.

Suzy - '13 Toyota Avalon Hybrid XLE
90 day: 37.18 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfbmw View Post
I don't think the suspension or small wheels on a scooter is meant for triple digit speeds.

An older friend did take his scooter to Sturgis, SD. 100 mpg. "But Tim I am only doing 24 mph so it takes 4 hours to do that 100! He also told me that it took him 2 and half days to ride the 670 miles from Minneapolis, MN to Sturgis, SD. On the return trip he did it in 2 days. "Wind was at my back!" He said.

take care!

Tim Lindstrom
Columbia Heights, MN
In my original post I didn't mean to turbocharge a scooter to make it go faster than it was meant to. The bikes I'm principally interested in are the Grom 125 and the PCX 150. The newer models reach 62 and 70mph respectively and they are rated to get 125 and 100mpg respectively. I don't really need to go over 55mph. There aren't any interstate highways where I live.

What I was intending the turbo for was a way to have a highway capable scooter and not have to drive it like a 50cc scooter due to the average 10,000ft altitude and steep grades.

If I could do at least 45mph on a 5% grade and 35mph on a 8% grade at 11,000ft I'd be happy. That's about what my current cars do now.