View Single Post
Old 10-07-2015, 12:26 PM   #15 (permalink)
kafer65
Tinkerer

Silver - '15 Mazda CX-5 Sport
Team Mazda
90 day: 37.23 mpg (US)
I did lexan because bracket placement was critical and I could see where to drill through the lexan to hit the bracket without taking the wheels off or making errors. I had some plastidip black sitting there so I used it.
There is a two inch lip around the wheel well that is black. Its all one unit with lip. The lip is where I attached the brackets.
If I can find silver plastidip I can try that later since I can remove the current coating. I even thought of painting a picture of the wheel turning to try and make it invisible at speed like when they paint cloths on naked models.
I just did 200 highway miles at 62 mph,2500 rpm, 80-90 degree temps, full air conditioning and winter regular grade fuel and still did 45.4 mpg. That's an epic improvement for this rig. Tank avg is up to 43 mpg as I parked it.
I had one of the owners at the Mazda dealership take pictures and ask several questions about my ecomodded whip! I get lots of attention in this vehicle.

Mirror deletes, 80% grill blocks, wheel covers, 50 psi tires = 6% better MPG avg. over a year. Wheel skirts overcoming ethanol winter fuel mpg losses and more!
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...ead-30641.html

Last edited by kafer65; 10-09-2015 at 01:17 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to kafer65 For This Useful Post:
Xist (10-08-2015)