View Single Post
Old 10-09-2015, 06:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
BenArcher006
EcoModding Lurker

Slowpoke - '06 Saturn Vue Base
90 day: 22.88 mpg (US)
After browsing the aeromods forum, I landed on the Cng Aero Toyota Camry and thought about what I could do to upgrade the front aerodynamics of my Vue.

Well I use coroplast to fill all the uneven surfaces to makes the front as smooth as possible.

So I made templates out of cardboard and then cut the coroplast to the template's shape. After I used Black Gorilla Tape and zip ties to install the pieces that I cut.

I installed one around the car's logo and have fill the gap between the hood and the grille. Then I did the 2 faux grilles on each side of the big front grille.

After looking at the truck front bumper, I wasnt satisfied with my lower opening block. It wasnt flush with the rest of the bumper. I wanted something smooth to get the best and smoothest air flow possible. So I made another template and coroplast piece so it would fit as tight as possible in the opening. Smoothed everything with Gorilla Tape.

No much People know that most Gm cars get air to the radiator from an opening under the front bumper right in front of the air dam. I was feeling that, with my lowered and widen front air dam, more air got into the opening and was making a parachute effect. I had to close that. 4 zipties 1 piece of coroplast sure took care of that.

Finally everything was closed, but I was thinking, Now the engine still needs air. So I made an small opening in the center of the lowest air trap and under the bumper I left two 4 inches opening on each sides.

Now everything is flush as it can, so Im pretty air flow around the truck will be smoother and hopefully give better gas millage!

Cant wait to see the numbers!

Next: undertray belly pan, rear tires spats and passenger side mirror delete...

Last edited by BenArcher006; 10-10-2015 at 01:36 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to BenArcher006 For This Useful Post:
aerohead (10-10-2015)