View Single Post
Old 10-10-2015, 12:32 AM   #23 (permalink)
Vman455

Pope Pious the Prius - '13 Toyota Prius Two
Team Toyota
SUV
90 day: 51.62 mpg (US)

Tycho the Truck - '91 Toyota Pickup DLX 4WD
90 day: 22.22 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,802 Times in 939 Posts
Update (finally):

I pulled the headlights off the car and baked them apart this afternoon. Looking at the space available, I'm now deciding to ditch the quads and just go with a single, lowbeam LED projector in each headlight. I can fit the Corolla heatsinks in with no trimming (a big plus), and I'll swap the Nissan reflector bowl and lens assembly (one piece) tomorrow--they're a direct fit, conveniently, being the same design from the same manufacturer. That will get rid of the weird, trapezoidal Corolla lens and fit the standard Nissan lens (with clear lens swap) nicely behind the stock shroud. I'll leave the highbeams, which I never use, as is for now and get LED fogs if the lowbeams aren't enough. The most common complaint with these Koito LEDs on hidplanet.com is that the beam isn't as wide as a good HID projector, something good fogs will address but another Koito projector wouldn't. The Retrofit Source has drop-in replacement Morimoto LED fogs, so I would just have to upgrade to the OEM foglight grill and then use those.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vman455 For This Useful Post:
deejaaa (10-10-2015)