View Single Post
Old 10-12-2015, 02:27 PM   #29 (permalink)
RustyLugNut
Master EcoModder

This still doesn't excuse your hubris.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
I only said what I said because there seems to be tacit credence give to these claims. And that's also why I said "seems" because there is no technical discussion presented to demonstrate the apparent lack of understanding.
The OP asked an honest question. He was not trolling or selling. You and others have jumped on the "I know more than you, so there". A few have been courteous and provided good discussion that the OP seems to have digested.

holzhoechi, the useful posts pretty much sketch it out - you cannot double or quadruple your mileage via simple vaporization of the gasoline. However, "hot air engines", if properly implemented, can help close the thermal efficiency gap between diesels and gasoline spark ignition engines. Problematically, the subject is highly specialized and involved. Consequently, the application is just as involved. Proof of that is seen in the work of pfgpro and iveyjh and others on this forum. Their "high enthalpy engines" do work but with considerably more effort and skill than simply putting a bubbler bottle in the intake of your engine.

I repeat what others have said about seeking economy for economical reasons - look to driving techniques and aero improvements before fooling with engine operations. But, if you want to go down the rabbit hole, you are welcome to experiment with us in the world of engine mods.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RustyLugNut For This Useful Post:
drrbc (01-12-2016), iveyjh (10-12-2015), pgfpro (10-12-2015)