View Single Post
Old 10-13-2015, 04:04 PM   #145 (permalink)
orengomotors
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcane View Post
Good inspiration, but they have different goals than you and because of this, their designs may be challenging to apply to your build.

Aero is the hugely important in land speed racing (LSR). The streamliners tend to be long because they have a lot of stuff to pack in the car (parachutes, fire suppression system, robust cage, drivetrain, etc) while minimizing frontal area. They also want to separate the center of pressure and center of mass to improve stability, and adding length and a vertical wing to the rear of the streamliner helps there.

For the streamliners, I think the most forward thinking designs are a series of cars called the Nebulous Theorem. Costella & Yacoucci's tiny little streamliner, Nebulous Theorem, set a record of 352.525 mph (567km/h) with a 1520cc 4 cylinder.
Worlds Fastest 4 Cylinder Nebulous Theorem II
Jack Costella's Official Website
Thank you, you have taught some things to me!
i thought that because LSR aero is focused on reducing drag and improving stability that it was a good idea to apply their shape.
i don't have any idea of how the shape has to be, looking LSR cars i see lots of different shapes, noses and boat tails.