View Single Post
Old 10-13-2015, 08:52 PM   #348 (permalink)
kafer65
Tinkerer

Silver - '15 Mazda CX-5 Sport
Team Mazda
90 day: 37.23 mpg (US)
I just read through the entire thread! Interesting. Very interesting. I'm very tardy to this party! Oh, and I just saw a silver ZX2 20 minutes ago Its kinda like a Taurus and an insight had chill-wren. The lean burn box and turbo talk definitely caught my attention.
IF I can ever get my '61 Beetle engine back together (waiting on connecting rods) I may get brave enough to eco-mod it. It has EFI running from a 1991 something ECU with the old CB Performance 4 dial box and Schwitzer turbo(very small) on a 2176cc engine.

I have a dial for idle, main, transition, boost. My LM1 wideband quite working but before it did I would run supper rich until I got into boost just past 5 psi and I would run lean. It started out getting 9 mpg! Right before the lifter bore let go I would get 19. Wonder if I can learn something about how to get that thing working better. It only has a turnable TPS, no idle control (I just dial up the idle knob three turns for cold start) and I have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator set to 100psi. I locked the timing to max of 21.

Most of the time I drove it around with no more than 3 psi. That had plenty of get up and go. I know a guy with virtually the same setup getting 35 mpg using megasquirt.

My old '87 Dodge had a lean burn computer that worked with a Carter carb and just adjusted timing upwards of 50+ degrees I'm told so I'm hitting many of the things you've gone over here including pressure washing carpets and mission trips. Keep it coming!

Mirror deletes, 80% grill blocks, wheel covers, 50 psi tires = 6% better MPG avg. over a year. Wheel skirts overcoming ethanol winter fuel mpg losses and more!
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...ead-30641.html
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kafer65 For This Useful Post:
BabyDiesel (10-15-2015), MobilOne (11-13-2015)