View Single Post
Old 10-14-2015, 05:34 PM   #155 (permalink)
orengomotors
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
That's the reason I mention his name. I also admire the Spanish anarchists in the 30s and think Catalonian independence might bring that back.

It isn't the added wheels, it the rounded bottom. aerohead has a chart. Starting from a hexagon section you could add curved lower skirts and get the Indigo shape going. Open front wheels and enclosed back wheels. Maybe with more boat tail.

Edit: Gaudi rant: The world-famous architect did a little-known (until 1956) project for New York city, the Hotel Attraction:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hotel_Attraction

On the proposed site, the cabal erected a building in the shape of the number 11, with an unusual skin-and-core design almost intended for deconstruction. The site was cleared in September of 2011. The Gaudi design was proposed as an replacement, but instead 'they' chose the Freedom Tower as it more correctly propagandizes 'our freedumbs'. The Gaudi design was a masonry shell that would deflect or crush an airplane, like the Empire State building did in 1945.
[/rant]
it would be great to see this hotel built.
reminds me a soyuz rocket:

it seems that gaudis parabolic arch is very aerodynamic! the top of the hotel towers, look like the airfoils leading edge or zeppelin nose!

Last edited by orengomotors; 10-18-2015 at 02:34 PM..