View Single Post
Old 10-14-2015, 07:50 PM   #2187 (permalink)
e*clipse
Permanent Apprentice

Wow! It's not ghetto at all - it sounds about perfect!

That would work really well for a multiple motor setup. I only have one request - make it possible to use those awesome little driver boards you developed so different switches could be used.

( or maybe I should look into 247's - does anyone make SiC 247's?? )
****edit****
Ok, yes - they're workin' on it. Here's one from Cree/Wolfspeed:
C2M0025120D 25-m
another edit:
If two or maybe three of these switches (which cost $69 @ Mouser) can be paralleled on this new board, it would do everything I want. I'll remove the external driver request.

It sounds like the user can choose between a resolver or an encoder or sensorless - awesome!

That little DS2010 is a very capable controller; it's just I/O limited. If I remember, it can also use CAN communication - there's some good potential in that. It can also do 3phase motor control... Anyway, combining the resources w/ the 4011 has some good possibilities - I'd suggest making sure they can talk.

***edit***
I REALLY like this concept - also, if the DS2010 could talk to the DS4011, then it could do the voltage monitoring. In fact, it could tailor the voltage to what the DS4011 wants - on the fly!

The capability of a high powered boost converter would really be an asset for balancing the weight of batteries vs efficiency. Also, there may be efficiency gains by optimizing the bus voltage to what the motor controller needs.

Wow, oh Wow! This has some huge potential!

You've sold your first 4. Now I need to learn to drive what I have.

- E*clipse

Last edited by e*clipse; 10-14-2015 at 09:04 PM.. Reason: I'm really wound up about this!
The Following User Says Thank You to e*clipse For This Useful Post:
thingstodo (10-15-2015)