View Single Post
Old 07-31-2008, 04:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
trikkonceptz
Legend in my own mind

Evil Pumpkin - '08 Scion xD RS 1.0 #1633
90 day: 35.45 mpg (US)

Silent Silver Killer - '10 Honda Insight EX
90 day: 51.5 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steensn View Post
If you could update any car with this simple hybrid system and get a gas mileage increase so "cheap" we would throw them on every car right now.
You know I disagree with that statement. It is used alot and lately. Many innovations that we see today were developed long ago, long before they were introduced to the mainstream. No machine will ever be built or designed that will benefit the consumer more than the business that built it. That's bad business. The automotive industry survives off repair and service. If it is indeed possible to build a part that does not break or wear, do you think it would ever be used in any mass produced machine? NO, because there is no money to be made from it.

So any device that can help a consumer would simply take money from another business, in this case OIL, ergo it would not be adopted to all cars. This is the logic of the corporate machine not my endorsement in this device BTW.

The world may one day be free of fossil fuel vehciles, but until that day we are going to go down kicking and screaming, debunking all new technology until there is absolutely no other alternative.

I am a precisional instrument of speed and aeromatics
If your knees bent in the opposite direction......what would a chair look like???