View Single Post
Old 10-19-2015, 09:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
The Other Andy
EcoModding Apprentice

To Be Determined (Too-be) - '15 Chevrolet Malibu LS Eco
90 day: 35.41 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninj4geek View Post
In Colorado, bikes are considered vehicles and have no business on a sidewalk, especially downtown.
What I'm talking about isn't a typical sidewalk. It's a wide, asphalt path, the type you often see with lane markings in the center. It does run parallel to the road, like a sidewalk.

It might make more sense if I explain the situation a bit more. The area with the path I'm talking about is nothing but urban sprawl. It's a major thoroughfare past modern Mcmansion filled subdivisions, with speed limits of 45 mph. Almost no houses actually face this road. This is certainly not a downtown area (where I will normally ride in the street).

Unfortunately, the portion of this road which lacks the pedestrian path hasn't been widened or modernized since it was a country road through farmland. It has probably a two-foot shoulder on one side (although this varies wildly) and less than a foot on the other. This two-lane section is likely well over designed capacity during the times I'd be riding.

After riding the route Saturday, I'm thinking I may do this once a week or so until the weather turns. Still not sure.