View Single Post
Old 10-23-2015, 06:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
vskid3
Master EcoModder

Civic DX (sold) - '97 Honda Civic DX
90 day: 34.15 mpg (US)

GTO (sold) - '04 Pontiac GTO
90 day: 22.62 mpg (US)

Green Brick (sold) - '06 Ford Escape Hybrid
90 day: 31.93 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvarcus View Post
Stick some thin metal or heavy wire through the cells of the coroplast and that will stiffen it up quite a bit.

Nice truck by the way, looks clean and taken care of.
Great minds think alike! I just got back from Lowe's with a couple pieces of 1/8" steel rod. Unfortunately, it still flaps with one rod a few flutes from the bottom. I made a little video of my test drive. You can see the skirt in the mirror. Is this too much flapping?

Paid a little more than I wanted to for the truck, but there weren't many alternatives. It's lived its whole life in the El Paso area, so there's barely even any surface rust. I think the original owner mainly used it as a commuter and the people I bought it from only had it about a year and barely drove it. 118k miles on it now.

darcane- Nice belly pan! I'm going to try to get away with mainly using zip ties, but your way looks like a good option.

spacemanspif- No air dam on it now, not sure if it had one stock. There's really not too much that sticks out below the frame, so I would like to see how much I can cover with a belly pan without ending up with melted coroplast.
Cooling fan is belt driven. Last I looked into it, going electric was pretty spendy and probably wouldn't ever break even. I'll have to explore some junkyards and see if I can find some deals. I've thought about a tuner, but again, probably wouldn't be able to justify it off of gas savings alone. A nice thing about this truck is that the towing mode can be set up as a completely different tune from the regular, so I could have access to an eco and towing/power tune at the touch of a button.

Camry Thread
E-Bike Thread