View Single Post
Old 10-24-2015, 07:48 PM   #42 (permalink)
CFECO
CFECO

X-Car - '11 Homemade 2+2

Velbly1 - '17 Toyota Camery XSE
90 day: 29 mpg (US)

Velbly2 - '13 Toyota Tundra
90 day: 18.03 mpg (US)
OK, today I picked up my second donor MX Bike, for my Electric Side by side UTV. With the photos perhaps everyone can get a better idea of what I have in mind. The upper portions of the frames will be removed, the two frames connected with tubing, the forks attached together with a tie rod and a steering box, the seats will go above the swing arm pivots, the bottom tubes lengthened some and triangulated, the rear shocks relocated to the top of the swing-arms, and attached at the top to a bar across the back of the seats.
What I need is a small differential, which will be between the swing-arms, with the motor to the rear and the chains driving off the axles of the diff. Anyone have any Ideas on a good, strong, light, diff? Ive been looking at a Yamaha Rhino diff, the problem is the rear is a spool so would tend to go straight, and the front Rhino diff is a bevel gear not hypoid, so I worry about the strength with the high torque of the electric motor. Anyway, the chassis progress will continue while the "Minor Details" are worked out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2960.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	136.2 KB
ID:	18950   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2961.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	134.1 KB
ID:	18951   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2962.jpg
Views:	26