View Single Post
Old 10-28-2015, 05:48 PM   #36 (permalink)
fearlessjoe
EcoModding Lurker

i dont think it was even danger...... the bikes were i think the only thing left that ran on petrol.... meaning the entire supply chain just for them.... getting rid of all that for an extra few percent diesel that they already use is a massive logistical saving......

and diesel tends not to explode

see if i could find one of those bikes surplus and use the running gear i would... but if and when they ever do come up.... there silly money

and from above.... a good 250 will hit a ton plus change..... really... the cbr claims 88... the ninja 300 probably does to be fair..... but i who wants a screeeeeaaming engine.... this is why i like my diesel idea

i would like to...... bare with me cos this is a bit in cloud cookoo land...... take a 1.6 diesel.... and remove 2 cylinders..... i dont mean chop the engine in half... i mean take out 2 of the pistons and rods whatnot.... as long as they were opisit each other in the firing sequence it should remain ballenced... (wild speculation).... disconect the fuel and weld the exhaust up..... weld shut or somehow block the unused pistons... put a turbo on thats half the capacity..... boom 800cc diesel... essentually what the xl1 has......

i could so all that reasonably easily.... but it would only work if.... and i stress IF... you could fool the ecu etc into still working..... that... no idea if its plausible