View Single Post
Old 11-04-2015, 05:30 PM   #133 (permalink)
user removed
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
10k miles, just did the second oil change. The filter I bought several years ago on a Mobil 1 special from Advance, when I got the oil for my 02 Insight, same filter fits the Mirage. Basically that means I can go 7500 on the oil and filter, drain and refill the oil, using only one 5 gallon jug of Mobil 1 for two oil changes in 15k miles. I fill the oil until the dipstick reads in the middle of the range allowable.

Funny thing was when I changed the oil I had driven about 40 miles so I thought the oil would be pretty hot when I unscrewed the drain plug until it fell into the drain pan. The oil was not even that hot, in spite of coming home on a 55 mph stretch of highway. I guess the EOC is allowing the oil to cool off more than I remember, along with the cooler fall weather here.

The rear axle issue with alignment is resolved for the time being. Toe is 0 so tire wear is normal. The fronts have worn 1/32nd inch and the rears are still closer to 8/32nds (new measurement) than they are to 7/32nds. I might rotate them at 6/32nds or sooner.

The only other problem is an annoying buzzing from something inside the hatch, when moving sometimes. I'll fiddle around with it and get rid of that buzzer.

regards
mech
The Following User Says Thank You to user removed For This Useful Post:
MetroMPG (11-09-2015)