View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 03:35 AM   #32 (permalink)
crexcrex
EcoModding Apprentice

Airtabs, shark fins and i thought that this matter was a done and gone affair till today when i saw my neighbours car with vortex generators on her Hyundai Accent, believe it or not thi is a sub comapct and the vortex generators were on the rear bumper at laes at a 35 degree angle sloping upwards off the bumper. Now this is a low end car and VG'S to add drag, i am having second thoughts about that.

I was going to approach this woam but decided against as she is somewhat rotund and may get the impression that i like them short and as heavy as a heavy chevy...........surely there is someone out there who can explain this to me and to others what gives with vg's

I made my own and have nine on the back of the rex.................sure feels different other than the noise that they make, my impression is that i can go further on a coast and if i lay on the gas she is off and running .........most interestingly the gas mileage has not suffered....................there has to be a reasonable explanation why Hyundai placed them on the rear bumper.................someone pleae resolve this issue once and for all...........................if you run a gas sipping car why would one use them there?

Will ask her re car when i see her GULP!