View Single Post
Old 11-05-2015, 11:35 AM   #38 (permalink)
rustygirl
EcoModding Lurker

Drawing for a d905 plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by planejob View Post
I have options. They both mount the same.

That is, they mate to each other the same.

I've transferred over all of the bolt holes from the Kubota mount to the aluminum, and have started getting the center of the aluminum cut out- - I lack the proper tools so I'm doing it with a drill bit and a grinder - NOT FUN.

Hello Planejob,
You have a good project there. Kubota’s are great little engines. There are two different oil pans. It looks like you may have the deep one. Takes like 5 quarts. If you replace it you need the pickup tube also. I stuffed a generator engine (d905) into an MG Midget a few years ago. If she behaves anything like Bridget she will get her best mileage if you keep her around the magic 1800 rpm. Above 2400 or so the engine will crack, I guess from the timing not advancing. It’s kind of a fun noise but I suspect unburnt fuel. Bridget eventually got a d1105T which made her a much more fun car. Attached is the drawing for the adapter plate. Maybe it will help you. It’s pretty accurate as the dowel hole lined up. Spend a lot of time getting the trans input shaft and crank correct. I tossed 2 clutches before I figured out my 2mm mistake.
Good luck

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	member-rustygirl-albums-bridget-picture7057-trans-adapter-2015.jpg
Views:	1299
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	19034  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rustygirl For This Useful Post:
ME_Andy (11-05-2015), planejob (11-05-2015)