View Single Post
Old 11-07-2015, 10:29 PM   #61 (permalink)
Doc Joe
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacemanspif View Post
That Royal Enfield in the article is a very nice bike but the price tag isn't very attractive. I'm going to keep an eye out for a used one while looking for a TU. I think you guys have convinced me to stay away from vintage standards for the reliability factor alone.

Doc Joe: It's more an emotional decision than an objective one. I simply want a bike and have wanted one for a long time. Using one for a warm weather commuter is a great opportunity to do this and get it out of my system before a mortgage and children muddy up the finances.
I understand that 100%, I have been riding since I was 10 and started street riding at 18, when I could buy my first street bike and get a lic.
Take your time if your not in a hurry and look and think about what you want to do besides ride it to work, ie pleasure riding with friends, trail riding or track time on a sport bike.
I know others have said this, but please do look into taking a motorcycle riding course in your area. It is well worth the money and time to take it.

Doc.