View Single Post
Old 11-08-2015, 11:27 AM   #2312 (permalink)
thingstodo
Master EcoModder

Ford Prefect - '18 Ford F150 XLT XTR

Tess - '22 Tesla Y LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPaulHolmes View Post
The data that I can stream is:
High voltage battery pack amps (found indirectly)
Id
Iq
Iphase1
Iphase2
Iphase3
Vd
Vq
dutyPhase1
dutyPhase2
dutyPhase3
rotorFluxAngle
rotorFluxSpeed
RPM (both electrical and mechanical)
base plate temperature
IdRef
IqRef
um.... I'm sure there are others. And I can put it into the RTD format no problem. Which variables do you want to see? Maybe we could have a variable where you can choose which set of variables will stream. Maybe a 16 bit word where it's 1 if you want that one, and it's 0 if you don't want it? What is the RTD format that you have now? You name it, and BOOM it's yours. haha.

For me, I think it would be interesting to see Id, Iq, IdRef, IqRef, magnitude of <Vd,Vq> (to let us know how much of the voltage is available to us still for a given RPM), electrical RPM, ...
I like being able to toggle on and off data from the stream. I don't know if that will mess up RTD explorer, but it sounds like a GREAT feature.

I have a beta of RTD explorer that does not require XP SP3. I - sadly - have not been able to test it since my Cougar is down for the count. I think the Cougar is at 1.11b firmware.

What I was trying to do on the AC side was pretty simple:
- High voltage DC pack Volts and Amps
- AC controller output Volts and Amps
- Temperatures for everything you can. I need to make sure I don't cook something during a test!

I will still need to spot check temperatures on a bunch of stuff manually once in a while during tests.

I see pack amps, indirect. Is that accurate enough for doing an efficiency calculation? Or should I have a shunt and rig up a display of some sort?

Vd and Vq - do we need to do a vector sum or is it just the real power that is being measured? I think just the current doing work is measured ... it's been a while so I need to look up some stuff!

It'll be the same for Id and Iq.

Can you do electrical RPM and mechanical rpm? That would show slip under various loads (and the slip DOES change). When you reach peak torque, the slip reaches a critical point, then the motor loses synchronization and stalls (don't ask me how I know). This would be good for the racers to determine how far they can push the motor, and what their absolute maximum torque out is!

DC Volts and amps on the DC motor side would help - V and I in, V and I out. I'm struggling with the Cougar to determine how many MOSFETs failed and which ones.

The next video should be better (not as much background noise). I think I figured out (with the help of many tutorial videos) how to use Google Hangouts live to have 2 cameras and use a noise cancelling bluetooth headset so I can talk above the howl of the motors. So far, the main camera will be like the present videos. The second camera will be pointed at meters and displays. It should be synchronized so I don't need to spend time merging things together after taking the video. All I should need to do is remove the extra-boring stuff, or the parts when I have to look for tools, chase the cat away, etc

I may run out of multi-meters So - Paul - which information is most useful to you?