View Single Post
Old 11-11-2015, 10:29 PM   #2320 (permalink)
thingstodo
Master EcoModder

Ford Prefect - '18 Ford F150 XLT XTR

Tess - '22 Tesla Y LR
A bit of an update for Nov 11

I've had to clean the garage a bit in preparation for winter. The attached pictures show:
- the High Voltage battery pack in the corner by the overhead door.
- the 24V pack is to the left of the High Voltage pack.
- the AC motor and DC motor coupled, AC Motor in front of the High Voltage pack
- the aluminum base of the Renault/Better Place pack in front of the AC motor
- the AC controller, contactors, power supply, etc on top of the base
- the base on top of 3 roughneck storage containers to raise the base to a useful height

The High Voltage pack is not connected to the AC controller. I'm trying to determine where to put the shunt resistor so that the voltage and current on the pack can be videoed together
The AC controller is not connected to the AC motor as yet. It just needs to be done.
The Low voltage pack is not connected to the DC motor. If I put a shunt resistor on the DC motor, perhaps I can voltage and current on the motor to be on the same camera as the high voltage pack
The voltage and current out of the AC controller will require a different camera since the meters will be on top of the cabling from the controller to the motor.

The other pictures are closer up on the high voltage pack, showing the acrylic touch-safe shield; the 24V pack which is now 6 batteries, 2s3p, or 2 batteries in a series string, and three of those strings in parallel; AC controller on the aluminum battery base that I'm hoping to use as a heat sink.

With 5 deep cycle batteries and an AGM, I hope to put 300+ amps into the DC motor for several minutes at a time during a test. The shroud on the DC motor has been removed so I can check the temperature of the brushes and armature. I still have not located the reference to the temperature that it should not go above. Perhaps it was Tom Brusa's EVCON presentation? Or a discussion of Michael Breem and Matt Hauber's BMW that did the Pike's Peak run with dual Warp11's? If anyone knows what temperature I should stop my testing at - please let me know.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20151111_Overall_a.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	19066   Click image for larger version

Name:	20151111_High Voltage Pack_a.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	19067   Click image for larger version

Name:	20151111_Low voltage pack_a.jpg
Views:	31