View Single Post
Old 11-14-2015, 04:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
suspiciousbondo22
New to Everything

Project - Rescued '01 Insight

Hey guys, I've been lurking around here and the Insight Central forums for a couple weeks sucking down data before buying an Insight, which has always been one of my favorite cars. Well, it paid off 'cause I got one, and decided to join the ranks here as well! Hope I can contribute.

The car is a 2001 Insight, Manual w/AC. Has 135k miles and seems never to have been in an accident, paid $1450 plus $225 in back reg. I found it at a body shop in Redwood City, CA. Apparently it had been sitting there for years since its owner moved out and started paying them to store it. They never covered it, so it is covered in a thick layer of dust from the sanding . It has some common problems and a lot of missing stuff - I'd like to restore it to its former glory, then start modding it with stuff like MIMA, etc.

It's rather late here as I'm getting back with the car, so I'll post pics of it tomorrow before I wash it, along with a laundry list of stuff that I'm going to fix up.

Oh, I'm also using it to practice driving stick. I'll have to rebuild/replace the transmission at some point (it has the 2nd gear synchro issue, and even double-clutching results in grinds, unless I'm doing it wrong). As I titled myself, I'm New to Everything.