View Single Post
Old 11-15-2015, 02:36 AM   #8 (permalink)
suspiciousbondo22
New to Everything

Thanks for the replies, guys. Well, on to business - instead of a laundry list, I'll go a few things at a time so as not to get overwhelmed.

1. Which image hosting site would you recommend? Got some pics to start.

2. Things I noticed while driving:
- IMA seemed to be working OK on the drive home yesterday: I started with the BAT gauge at 4 bars and the CHARGE/ASSIST gauges would bar up sometimes. However, about halfway home, the BAT gauge filled all the way. A quarter of the way home, the BAT gauge dropped to 1 bar and there isn't any CHARGE/ASSIST activity. I took it out twice today and the CHARGE gauge bars up a bit when starting, then nothing the whole time. The auto-stop function is also not working. What could be wrong?
- I thought there were supposed to be two trip meters and the lifetime meter. Pressing the FCD button switches between lifetime and one trip meter. Also, the lifetime mpg reading is stuck at 27.0 mpg - I'm a bit paranoid, it's probably that I haven't had enough time behind the wheel to change it, yeah?
3. Parts acquisition:
- I've got a date with a salvage yard up in Roseville on Monday to get the beautiful yellow compact spare, the FCD/windows/mirror switch panel, front struts, jack, and CHMSL. Majestic Honda came up a lot when I was a lurker; is that the dealer you guys would recommend for genuine parts?
4. My driving:
- Thanks for the tips, fellas. Learning stick is a bit of an adventure for me (small motor control problems. Fell over a lot as a baby trying to dance like MC Hammer). Still stalling it a bit.
- Is first gear limited to 4k rpm? The car bucks and power drops when I hit the limit.
- cowmeat, that worked better than going N-2. I pushed it a bit too far and it ground on first, but I got it now.
- MobilOne, that's rev matching, yeah? I'll put it on the list, I have to stop stalling the car first, haha.