View Single Post
Old 11-15-2015, 03:10 PM   #2332 (permalink)
thingstodo
Master EcoModder

Ford Prefect - '18 Ford F150 XLT XTR

Tess - '22 Tesla Y LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotrsko View Post
The 335@72v is peak power advertising. Motor will do that but for only about 4 -6 minutes. No contradiction there. Misleading? Perhaps.
They have stated 400A for 5 minutes, so 335 is maybe 10 or 15 minutes? Not sure, but I'd like to know.

Quote:
Kevlar banding wont take much above 250c because the bonding agent melts which would immediately thrash motor. I haven't heard of that ERGO: comm stays below 250c.
Excellent information. That banding is on the armature, and holds the rotor bars in, right? Or is that also used on the commutator?

Quote:
Have fun. I think you want to do this in 12v increments. Runaway dc motors are not exciting for long.
I am going to stick with 24V for now, without a DC controller.

When I can put a DC controller in there, the idea is to go to 125VDC and feed both the DC controller and AC controller from the same battery pack. Then I hope to test at 3000 - 4000 rpm, where the PWM looks more like AC to my metering equipment.

Neither the DC controllers (that are broken) nor the AC controller (that I'm testing) will take 1000+ amps for long, but I'd like to SEE!