View Single Post
Old 11-15-2015, 08:26 PM   #39 (permalink)
BenArcher006
EcoModding Lurker

Slowpoke - '06 Saturn Vue Base
90 day: 22.88 mpg (US)
Well its been a week now since the installation of the new coils so I tought I would share my opinion.

So here is a little review:
Megan racing lowering springs Saturn Vue 02-07
Front drop 2.25"
Rear drop 2"
Front spring rate 196lbs
Rear spring rate 270lbs

Before installing the coils, the truck had a soft ride and I could barely feel any of the road bumps, but in turns it had lots of body roll and couldnt really stay on course in curves at high speeds.

Being a ride comfort freak, I was really scared it might screw with it. Right after the installation, I was kinda disappointed with the results in terms of ride height, but I couldnt feel any kind of road bumps, so I was pleased.

Its now been a week since I installed the coils and it seems BabyDiesel was right, as the truck is definetly lower now the coils are breaked in. Ride comfort is obviously stiffer and camber is also more noticable. I tested how the truck handles in curves and man it is not the same car, if it wasnt the winter tires, it holds in curves like its glued to the pavement.

As for hypermiling, I dont think its a coïncidence, but I just filled up and I managed to pull my best tank ever. The truck is much more stable at highway speeds and is a lot less affected by cross winds. Head winds are still hurting my ability to coast, but I feel the truck can coast much longer before I have to pulse again. So on highways, lowered suspension is definetly and upgrade in aerodynamics and not that much in the city.

With this fill I got 477km out of 32.829 liters wich represents 6.88L/100km = 34.188mpg.

Very much happy with this new look and feel of my Vue and really satisfied with my tanks milage.

Had to share!
Ben A.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BenArcher006 For This Useful Post:
BabyDiesel (11-16-2015), ksa8907 (11-15-2015)