View Single Post
Old 11-18-2015, 11:25 PM   #128 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,390 Times in 3,364 Posts
Adding 2 MPG is unimpressive, and I wonder how the Eco version is able to achieve a significant increase on the highway? It must have different tires or aero improvements. One of the linked articles says that the Eco model features a lack of a spare tire to help achieve improved MPG. I don't see the removal of a spare as a feature, as I can easily leave out a spare tire from any vehicle. Shinanigans.

I have put the Gen III Prius through maximum handling scenarios, and I found it to handle adequately. I'm confused as to why people almost universally complain about it. The Prius handles slightly better than my parents Camry, and the ESC works well. The new double-wishbone in the rear is a big "meh" to me.

It's too bad the flying buttress was removed because it offered nice concealment of valuables left on the console, and permitted easy access to the shifter, which I use extensively to coast in N (since the morons programmed the car to regenerate when lifting from the accelerator).

I see the moronic driving mode selector is still there; a pointless button.

The display and climate control buttons appear to be an improvement in their ease of use. Controls on the Gen III were good, but this looks to be even better.

I noticed the 12v battery has been relocated back into the engine compartment. Don't know why they ever located it in the rear interior to begin with.

How does the weight and acceleration compare to the gen III?

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!