View Single Post
Old 11-21-2015, 08:40 PM   #28 (permalink)
vskid3
Master EcoModder

Civic DX (sold) - '97 Honda Civic DX
90 day: 34.15 mpg (US)

GTO (sold) - '04 Pontiac GTO
90 day: 22.62 mpg (US)

Green Brick (sold) - '06 Ford Escape Hybrid
90 day: 31.93 mpg (US)
I finally got the climate control situation figured out. Took the dash apart to get to the passenger side blend door actuator, it was toast. Went to Autozone and got the cheapest actuator, only had 3 pins instead of 5 like the old one, must be a redesign, I think to myself. Didn't work, so I figured it must be the control unit (part with the knobs and slides). Finally got that in, still no go. Realize I'd messed up the zeroing of the driver's actuator (which was good to start and used as my tester). Fixed that and it worked on the passenger door as well. Figured out that the new actuator was the wrong one, take it back and get the right one (not quite the cheapest) with 5 pins. And it works. So the controller might not have been bad, but I'll keep the new one because I already turned in the core ($200!?!). Now I just have to put the dash all back together and it should be good as new.

While waiting for parts to arrive, I put the pan on the passenger side lower control arm. No pics because it's the same as the driver's side. I think I'll finish the sides of the front pan and plug some holes in the front bumper next.

Camry Thread
E-Bike Thread
The Following User Says Thank You to vskid3 For This Useful Post:
darcane (11-23-2015)