View Single Post
Old 11-24-2015, 02:03 AM   #29 (permalink)
nowackim
2011 Honda Insight EX

It appears this thread has been inactive for over a year. I thoought I would make my first post an addition rather than starting a new thread...

Just bought a 2011 Insight EX with Reconstructed title. Both these are first time for me. I have been aware of ecomodder for a few years.

What are your experiences with utilizing the info in this now-5-year-old article?

/showthread.php/diy-solutions-honda-hybrid-battery-problems-insight-civic-13610.html

I absolutely have no clue about most of the jargon used in these discussions, so i will be asking for explanations if anyone cares to post.

Basic question is: does RobertSmalls' article apply to the 2nd gen Insight; and is it possible to greatly extend the original battery life by doing the balancing operation he describes?

I have not yet read the manual do i don't even know how to work the car except to drive it.

My main/most significant use of my car is a semi-monthly 1300+ mile dash between Portland and San Francisco, and I need to maintain 70+ mph to make time.