View Single Post
Old 11-26-2015, 07:01 AM   #20 (permalink)
joey2snowy
EcoModding Lurker

After trading in my old gas guzzler for a Chev Volt I tried selling my old one in local listings. My gas struts in the trunk were a little old, worn and scratched. I didn't think much of it--they're just gas struts, right?--and I'm taking this one potential buyer round the car and he's giving it a thorough inspection. Everything seems in order. Until he reaches the rear side and opens the trunk to the sound of my car wheezing and squeaking. He opened and closed the trunk a few times, just listening to the rattling and gasping sounds, before shutting it, thanking me, and going his own way.

Moral of the story, the small, insignificant things sometimes have a bigger impact than we think. So, make sure your car doesn't sound like it's on its last legs. Panic stricken, I ordered gas struts with next day delivery (needs must), from this online store, in case anyone needs urgent delivery of parts i can recommend it - and then put them in myself, erased the whistling sound of my trunk, and hey presto, the car was bought later that week. Now, I'm not saying it was all the struts, but I like to think they helped.

Anyway, that's all I can think of for prepping your vehicle to sell. Apart from the below of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrews View Post
roll back the mileage!!
101Volts (12-18-2015)