View Single Post
Old 11-27-2015, 04:14 PM   #105 (permalink)
vskid3
Master EcoModder

Civic DX (sold) - '97 Honda Civic DX
90 day: 34.15 mpg (US)

GTO (sold) - '04 Pontiac GTO
90 day: 22.62 mpg (US)

Green Brick (sold) - '06 Ford Escape Hybrid
90 day: 31.93 mpg (US)
Currently at 1110 miles for this kit, over 1700 miles on the battery. I think I'm pretty close to perfecting the setup with this frame, motor, and battery, which makes my wallet happy. Fenders are the only other must-have and brake and turn signal lights would be nice.

Here's a pic of the bike and backpack. Having the lock up there saves me from digging it out of the bag and it puts a little more weight on the front.

CST Cyclops rear tire. Has about 1000 miles on it, I'll probably be able to get 2-3k more out of it. I can't remember exactly when I did it and I didn't post about it (wasn't long after getting these tires), but I have another tire inside it for extra puncture resistance. I took the 26x1.7" or 1.9" tire that came with the ebike kit, cut the beads off it, and stuffed it inside the 2.4" Cyclops. Gives me at least a quarter inch of rubber before even getting to the tube. I ran it most of the 1000 miles without Slime in the tube and it held air better than the Slimed front tire. I added Slime a couple weeks ago as an added precaution.

CST Cyclops front tire. I ran the stock knobbie for a while, so this tire only has ~800 miles. Looks like it should be good for 5-6k miles.

Camry Thread
E-Bike Thread
The Following User Says Thank You to vskid3 For This Useful Post:
sendler (11-27-2015)