View Single Post
Old 12-02-2015, 12:34 AM   #20 (permalink)
Arashi
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
One year in the 80s, at the Oregon Country Fair, I saw a VW Type II pickup that had the roof of a 1950 Kaiser grafted on. It had a nice fastback roofline.

Have you compared widths? It would only take a discrepancy of 3-4" to complexify things. If you want to use Prius power windows, those will be in the doors. Then you are looking at whether the door cutlines match. Good luck.
Thank you. That VW would be interesting to see...

The Prius top falls into Previa which is important... but hopefully adapting the windows wont be too difficult.
Previa width 71-68= 3 inch difference.

Previa wheelbase 112-106= 6 inche difference
I did some quick overlays and this is the angle of the roof line where the Prius window aligns to the Previa. Looks okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cd View Post
I certainly do not want to discourage your ideas, but I have to ask ... why ? Why that you are set on doing this project when you don't have the money ?
( I am 'poor' myself ! )
I want to have a nice looking car to attract beautiful females and also to make a money making business out of selling kit car designs.

Quote:
Have you welded before ? What about doing custom fabrication ?
I have my own fantasy project car, but it would take every penny I own to create it.
Interesting designs in those threads, I specially like the "Gangster Grin" Hot Wheels toy.
I'll have to contract the welding and fabricating out... the rest I may be able to do myself.

Quote:
I like your art. I really do, and I think others will too.
Please do not feel discouraged.
I just think you are exerting a lot of time and effort on something that is better left as a concept.
Thanks, I would love to do other designs, but I think I found a good combination here of looks and overall conversion costs.

Here's a 3D I put together with the Lambo SUV face.
Previa Concept - Video Dailymotion

Last edited by Arashi; 12-02-2015 at 12:57 AM..