View Single Post
Old 12-03-2015, 08:18 AM   #49 (permalink)
S Keith
Master EcoModder

No problem on the rpm. Just annoying to keep it at 3500 for so long. Did the final charge terminate quickly?

Sounds like you have a working pack now. Sorry for not catching the PTC issue earlier. The P1639 code distracted me.

You might consider my DIY charger/discharger:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Technically, you don't need the 12V supply since you can't run the HCH fan without a PWM signal, but it's useful as a terminal block, and hey... who doesn't like an extra 25W 12V PSU, amiright? You don't need the board either. You could use pegboard and zip tie everything down.

Pack charging needs to be done outside of car with a box fan blowing through it.

Your "new" pack could probably use a 24 hr grid charge it to "top balance" the cells, and balanced cells last longer. It's also something you might consider doing every oil change or every 6 months to maintain balance.

You could also do it to your original pack and probably get some useful life out of it as a spare. Do a 24 hr grid charge/discharge to 60V/charge for 2 hours and then put it on a shelf indoors. I bet this process would restore your original battery to functionality. You might even be able to swap out packs every six months to do the charge/discharge.

Regardless of what you plan to do down the road, You really should do a topping charge on your "new" pack.

Steve