View Single Post
Old 12-04-2015, 05:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
sotiris.bos
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnClark View Post
use your eco button and try to keep your rpm around 2600
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimV View Post
As mentioned above. Keep the rpm in the torque band. I think for you it is better to keep rpm between 1800 and 2600 during acceleration. I think you need to go a little higher in rpm before you shift. You lose the benefit of the spooling turbo if youre rpm drops below 1600rpm.

While cruising. Keep it in highest gear possible without lugging the engine.

Do some aero modifications. Pump up tire pressure to max sidewall or little above.

Drive slower in the highway. 100km/h should give you a bonus of around 0.5l/100km!

Try puls ald glide. But this depends on vehicle to vehicle if it works or not
Ok thank you very much! I will try accelerating at higher rpm although old habits die hard . I have the tires pumped to max car manual pressure but I don't really want to do any aero mods since it is a brand new car. The good thing is that it has automatic shutters in front of the radiator, a variable displacement oil pump and the cooling system starts circulating the water through the radiator only when the engine gets up to temperature. I do pulse and glide but only in the city or rural roads as I am too lazy to do it on the highway . Actually, 115km/h on the highway give me a 0.5l/100km bonus! (when I am not bored of driving that slow on long trips)