View Single Post
Old 12-04-2015, 05:52 PM   #15 (permalink)
RedDevil
Master EcoWalker

Red Devil - '11 Honda Insight Elegance
Team Honda
90 day: 47.72 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,245 Times in 1,454 Posts
They are going to do it for real!

Porsche Mission E Electric Sports Car Headed for Production » AutoGuide.com News
Quote:
To prepare for Mission E production, Porsche will spend roughly 700 million euros at its Stuttgart-Zuffenhausen plant to prepare it. The brand will build a new paint shop and a new assembly plant while the existing engine factory will be expanded to handle the production of the electric motors.

“With today’s decision, Porsche is driving flat out with no speed restrictions into the automotive and industrial future,” said Uwe Hück, Chairman of the Central Works Council and Deputy Chairman of the Porsche AG Supervisory Board.

A timeline for when production will start was not announced, but most expect the Mission E to come to fruition around 2020.
Gotta keep my Insight for another 5 years and tend it well, otherwise I may have too add too much cash on the swap...
Hah, I'll make do with a model S

For confirmation go to people just like you.
For education go to people unlike yourself.