Thread: The DragBean
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2015, 08:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
DragBean
PizzaRimBoy

I was thinking that. I was able to post one picture to the original post by sending the picture to myself and using my desktop... I guess this forum is not very smartphone friendly.

Update... Sweet I got the pictures of the air dam up...
Basically I took a piece of 1/4 redwood plywood and wrapped it around the front. I did cut the corners of the bumper and added some pvc to give the front a nice taper in the side view dimension. I did some neutral coasting tests involving cut and try as well as continual driving and figure out a little more clearance in the middle of the thing is better. (side edge clearance is 5.5")

Now I'm trying to figure out if I should stay with the redwood, which holds up, but it's cracked on one side from bottoming out, and the first thin layer of it is delaminating on the edge.

Also I need figure out how to wrap the air dam up to the bumper.
I was looking at Andrew J's modded Civic Hatchback and the PVC sheet hot molding turns out great and holds up well.

Problem is that looks expensive and hard to find.

I'm kinda thinking I'm going to fiberglass it... Then I could leave the original headlamps in place cuz cured fiberglass is decently transparent.

Last edited by DragBean; 12-05-2015 at 09:10 PM..