View Single Post
Old 12-15-2015, 05:18 PM   #2479 (permalink)
MPaulHolmes
PaulH

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanked 1,202 Times in 765 Posts
All of the data looked good! There were no bad transmissions it appears. All the columns had all of their numbers. Here's a graph of the change in temperature over the last 20 seconds. The most the temperature changed in a 20 second period was 8 degC. When the temperature change goes negative, that just means that in that 20 second period, the temperature was dropping.

In converting it to degC, I started at 25degC as the lowest it will go, and then went up by 2's. It increments 25degC, 27degC, 29degC, ...,. It was fast to do a binary search algorithm with 63 elements in the array. I could have done 25degC, 26degC, ..., 25 + 63degC, but I wasn't sure if that would be a wide enough temperature range.

To test it to 600ampRMS, you will have to change a couple resistor values. The hardware overcurrent trip point is set to an instantaneous current of 600amp on any of the 3 phases. That may have been a little too paranoid, since they are 600amp IGBTs, for crying in the night. haha. I think 400ampRMS may not trip them. That would be 565amp peak, but it may trip since remember how the Id and Iq currents were sort of jaggedy when they were following IdRef and IqRef... The current sensor can measure up to +/-900amp, so we could just change the resistor divider trip point a bit. Maybe 750amp instantaneous peak? Then at least you could test 400ampRMS safely? I don't know what resistor to add. That would take a couple minutes of figgerin'. You coudl just add a resistor in parallel with one that's alrady there. You woudl need 2 of the same value resistors.

Last edited by MPaulHolmes; 12-15-2015 at 06:01 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to MPaulHolmes For This Useful Post:
thingstodo (12-15-2015)