View Single Post
Old 12-15-2015, 05:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
EVmetro
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Tele man View Post
No, it's not my paper, just my continuing education. However, I did teach automotive technology at Arizona Western College, Yuma, AZ, as an adjunct faculty member for 8 years before I transitioned into defense/aerospace employment.
That paper had some great information in it, and I would consider it ongoing education for myself as well. Regen has been one of the things that I have focused a lot of time on, which has been one of the reasons why my latest build is so much more efficient than the OEM offerings and other DIY conversions. When I did my first conversion, I had got a weird conspiracy theory type of feeling as to why the rest of the world does not all drive electric, and it felt like I was getting away with something. After doing another build after that and a lot more homework, I got that same feeling about my variable on demand regen system that I now run on my latest build. The efficiency compared to other EVs is breathtaking, but conveying the concept to other people is generally a lost cause.