View Single Post
Old 12-17-2015, 01:45 PM   #157 (permalink)
Piwoslaw
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.O.G. View Post
Our dates are written day/month/year, your convention of month/day/year is confusing at first glance to me, but I'm sure it would become second nature very quickly if we changed to your convention.
I work for company whose HQ is in the US, but has offices all over the world. Our computer system uses the "American" date format of mm/dd/yyyy, but at the same time we are required use dd/mm/yyyy in any texts. As this has lead to many costly misunderstandings, most of the offices outside of the US have started to use the DDMMMYYYY (17DEC2015) format to avoid misunderstanding, but only in unofficial documents and emails. In fact, many people from the offices in the US have followed, but the company still refuses to change the format in the computer system (because of the expense?), so our whole workforce has to recognize and mentally convert dd/mm/yyyy to mm/dd/yyyy and back, scores of times per day.

Homework: Why would switching the computer system to dd/mm/year be too expensive to imply?

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread
The Following User Says Thank You to Piwoslaw For This Useful Post:
RedDevil (12-17-2015)