View Single Post
Old 12-20-2015, 12:56 AM   #18 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,573 Times in 7,059 Posts
Quote:
So the fact they have PhD is invalidated because it is in India? What type of degree do you have?
Argumentative. Assumes facts not in evidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulB2@12-17-2015, 12:34 PM
There is that diagram floating around here about pickup aerodynamics, which shows the small wing on the roof and a half tonneau being the best aerodynamically. I imagine (correct me if I'm wrong) it establishes a stable vortex in the pickup bed, and the air just flows over that vortex down to the tonneau cover. I just wondered if we could move this to the back of my volvo (if I buy one).
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclopathic@12-17-2015, 01:41 PM
This is very interesting subject with some claiming improvements and others stopping short of calling VGs snake oil. There is an existing three on vortex generators chech it out.
Compare and contrast the Original Post and the First Post. Therein lies the crux of our dilemma. Need I post the diagram?

I think aerohead was gently poking a little fun at first. But he knows the relationship between scale and wind speed.

I have a degree but I'm not sayin' because with that and my mother's maiden name someone could triangulate my identity.

With respect to "Surface details this small cannot be analysed with anything below a 1/2-scale model" they can so be, down to 1/24th. But it's done in a water tunnel. Upside down. With hydrogen bubbles.