Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2015, 05:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
conor97hx
EcoModding Lurker

rice rocket - '97 Honda Civic HX
Team Honda
90 day: 32.61 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneheadlight View Post
hey thanks conor! Yeah when I get it all done I will definitely take pics! and an HX owners club is an awesome idea! I did a google search didn't find anything! I did find something out that could be true. When I was autozone looking for parts, and you have to select your year,make,model of car. When it came to engines it showed that the HX model was 1% of the Civic's production for that year. Well in my case 96. I dont know how accurate that is but it kind of makes sense. And for that year I believe they couldn't keep up with demand and had to bring over more from Japan since the US made ones were all being sold. Ok with that said.. I think it was around 400,000 they sold in 96. So that means for 96 alone only 4000 of those were HX's! Wow.. that is a low number.

But interesting how many of them have survived compared to the DX, EX, etc. Makes me think that the HX owners tried to keep the cars in better shape and maybe didn't give into the "Fast n Furious" type mentality.
Yeah I've always had problems finding specific parts, its funny talking to people about it because nobody knows wtf it is. I think 97 was like 5%, my girlfriend worked at autozone so i always got discounts lol. I was surprised on mine when i bought it how good of shape it was in for a civic of that year i guess that is true.